Ox Viking Drinking Horn| Horn Stand| Game of Thrones
If you have never seen a drinking horn, or in the case of the Norse, a mead horn, or if you have and you’ve just never really thought about it, an interesting feature is its base. Or, I should say the interesting feature is the horn’s lack of a base. How did you use it? How did you set it down? Well, according to some beliefs, you didn’t. If your horn was filled, you didn’t set it down until it was empty. It didn’t matter if it was full of water, beer, wine or mead, the purpose of the drinking horn was not to keep it full, but to keep it empty.
And because of the nearly global level of contact these seafaring people had with other cultures, whether it was through the fermentation of grains or of grapes, or even of honey, there is little doubt that somewhere in the world it has been poured, sipped, or guzzled from a drinking horn.
About Drinking Horn:
A common item on the early frontier was the horn cup. This type of drinking vessel has been in use since very early times, being fashioned from cow horns and buffalo horns, as available. Some cups were made by commercial shops in the East, using a lathe to turn a flattened horn disc that was then press-fitted into a groove that was turned in the inside bottom of the cup. This required great skill in order to achieve a precise fit that would prevent leakage.
Vikings often drank out of cattle horns that were fashioned for holding their favorite drinks such as mead and beer. They often drank from the horns in a short amount of time because the base—that is, the tip of the horn—was pointed, not flat. Drinkware in Viking households could have also been from wood or clay.
Ox Horn Viking Drinking Mug, Tankard For HIM and HER for beer, wine, mead, pagan and Celtic rituals taxidermy, Reenactment Brass Decoration
WHOLESALES LOT AVAILABLE THROUGH EBAY ONLY
Product details :
- Please Note 1: This Listing is for the sale of one horn mug Any other items shown in the picture is for display purposes.
- Size — 10″- 12″ inches
- Capacity- 350-400 ml
- Includes Horn Stand
- —This is a beautiful & Stylish Mug—
- Handmade Polished Horn, made from Ox Horn.
- Each piece is truly unique with natural horn colors and patterns on display, making it a perfect re-enactment piece.
- The real product will differ from a given photograph in color and texture because items can is the same as one.
- but that will be certain of high-quality product with high-class horn material
- It is approx. 10 inches in length, holds approx. 400 ml – 500 ml of liquid.
- NOTE: KINDLY NOTE THAT THESE ALL ARE NATURAL HANDMADE ITEMS SO NO ONE ITEM IS SIMILAR TO THE OTHER. COLOR AND DESIGN COULD SLIGHTLY BE DIFFERENT FOR THE PICTURE GIVEN IN LISTING.THANKS
Contact Us :
- If you have any query or problem then feel free to contact us through the eBay Message system Or Click on the “Ask a Seller” tab below each listing. We reply within 24 hours.
Hurry buy now our Drinking Horn from SinghBros Mart.
If you want to buy other relative products visit our shop page SinghBros Mart Shop
If you want to you can buy it from our SinghBros Mart eBay Store